“10 Mistakes Health Clubs Make When Establishing a MET Program”. Every health club wants to connect with medical professionals in the community. In this podcast Dr Mike reviews the most common mistakes health clubs make when trying to connect with medical professionals in the community. The 10 mistakes include:
- Thinking “fitness” instead of medical exercise training.
- Membership is a barrier to accessing medical exercise training services.
- Thinking infinite rather than “finite”.
- No communication with medical professionals.
- Ignoring the support staff in medical practices.
- Training for fitness not MET functional outcomes
- Not assigning a MET director.
- No specific guidelines or protocols for managing MET clients.
- Using a shotgun approach to marketing.
- No specific staff educational requirement.
Click the play button below to listen.